Monday, March 14, 2011

REUSE

This post, I'm going to give you some great ideas for ways to reuse things FOR your wedding and how to reuse things FROM your wedding. Here goes!

Invited to a wedding and hate to just throw away the beautiful invitation? This is a GREAT wedding gift idea! Turn the invitation into a piece of art. I got this idea from my parents, who have some special wedding invitations they received as gifts after their special day.
The invitation on the left was framed by a friend who added pressed flowers into the frame. The invitation on the right was hand-painted by one of my mom's friends. These are both special to her and are currently in my parent's bedroom.

Donate your flowers. This is a great way to give back and make someone sick or lonely smile. Remember all those beautiful flowers you spent top-dollar for? well, after the big day, they are sometime forgotten about. Instead of just throwing them away, donate them to the church for Sunday's service, and then take all the smaller arrangements to a nursing home or hospital to be given to patients or lonely residents.


Not as sentimental as me? I'm one of those sentimental freaks who saves EVERYTHING thinking "one day, ill look back on this and have so many wonderful memories" or "one day, ill want to use this again". If you are thinking of me in disgust right now, then maybe you should be one of the loving, giving brides who gives her bridal gown away. Ever thought of it? I mean, what are you really going to do with it later anyway? Try it on 30 years down the road and reminisce about how skinny you used to be? So why not? There are many charities such as Brides Against Breast Cancer, Women's Dresses, and the I Do Foundation that will take you dress and give it to a Bride in need. Just for kicks and giggles, I've added a little video about Julia, a bride literally OBSESSED with her dress: just click on THIS LINK

Just like donating your wedding dress, you can also donate or rent your wedding decorations online. If you are running low on budget, or would like to help a money-tight bride, visit one of these sites for more detailes: educatedbride.com or wedcheaper.com





No comments: